Holistic Pulsing – a BodyMind Therapy
Holistic Pulsing can be deeply relaxing and deeply healing physically and emotionally.
Gentle rocking, stretching and opening movements can help improve fluid and energy flows throughout the body and can release tension or blockages caused from injury, trauma or habitual holding patterns and stress. The rhythmic movement from the rocking can bring awareness to the contracted parts of our body that hold stress and can also take us into a deep meditative state. Reconnecting to all parts of our body brings a sense of wholeness and gives us an opportunity to explore what might arise.
Holistic pulsing works with the respiratory, cardiac and cranial rhythms of the body, as well as the lymphatic system to stimulate and balance energy flows and to release toxins and waste from the body as well as identify blockages in our systems. It can enable movement into stiff joints, or chronic muscle tightness.
With relaxation and connection to our body may also come a connection to memories/emotions/sensations that we then have an opportunity to explore, with curiosity, non-judgment, compassion and love in a confidential safe space.
Dialogue, breath and sound may be used to explore issues that can arise.
Holistic Pulsing is taught in the UK, Holland, Germany, UK, Australia, Russia and Israel.
The New Zealand Holistic Pulsing Guild: www.holisticpulsing.org.nz
The HP rock-video can be viewed HERE.
Principles of Holistic Pulsing:
- Gentleness and softness
- Movement everywhere
- Lengthening and expanding
- Connecting and whole-ing
- Integration of the whole person
- Recognition of a two-way process
- Honouring resistance
- Going through the “open door”
- “being with” rather than “fixing” or “doing to”
Why should I have a session?
There is evidence to support the following benefits:
- Deep relaxation, release of tension and stress
- Gentle stretching, nurturing
- Improved mobilisation of your body, especially joints (excellent for arthritis)
- Releasing of muscle spasm ( eg. improvement with backache, frozen shoulder)
- Reduced pain
- Lowered blood pressure
- Improved circulation and release of toxins
- Stimulated immune, lymph and digestive systems
- Increased awareness of body/mind
- Resolution of emotional and physical trauma
- Connectedness and wholeness of body, mind, spirit. Enhanced sense of wellbeing
Comprises one hour of focused time with you in a caring, supportive environment.
You are gently and rhythmically rocked whilst lying on the table fully clothed.
There may be some dialogue to support insight during the session.
Confidentiality is assured.